Ian Pike 4 p.m., March 9
In search of the Filner headlock
Genius that I am, the comic possibilities of performing Photoshop surgery on a screencap of Moe placing Curly in a headlock were impossible to resist.
Was there a headlock in either Grips, Grunts, and Groans or Punch Drunks? Was it in Muscle Up a Little Closer? No, that was Tiny's go-to move when defending her honor against the venal, wedding ring-snatching Elmo. Too lazy to walk across the room and check the stacks, I turned to the next best thing: the Google.
Without a mention of Filner or a sex scandal, I merely typed "stooges; headlock" and hit search.
There were shots of Moe Howard, DDS(tooge) performing oral surgery, elephants wresting, and a titular book-length essay. There was even a photo of vice-tongued Morton Downey, Jr.
Stop the music! Do I detect a familiar face that's been making the news of late? Isn't that alleged Filner victim, Irene McCormack Jackson? What's the mayor's former press secretary doing hanging out in such questionable company? Or is this a step up from the City Hall stooges she used to call colleagues?
More like this:
- Bob Filner lands on his feet as cartoon superstar — Dec. 12, 2013
- Sloppy Moe to testify against Mayor Filner — July 11, 2013
- Stooge Larry Fine on Performing During the First Super Bowl Half-Time Show — Feb. 8, 2012
- Simply Fine at 109! — Oct. 5, 2011
- Attention All Puddingheads: Here's Your First Look at Cast Photos From Upcoming Three Stooges Movie! — May 26, 2011