Ian Anderson 5 p.m., March 23
The Filner handshake
Mayor Bob Filner and I have crossed paths on three occasions: once in the Gaslamp and twice in movie theatre lobbies.
Our last encounter took place at Reading Cinemas Town Square. After picking out a ticket, I spotted Filner just as he was exiting one of the auditoriums. I haven't had the guts to speak publicly about the incident until now.
We exchanged pleasantries. It couldn't have lasted more than a minute. Before parting, I extended my hand.
The moment of humiliation arrived in mid-shake. I could have sworn that he tickled the inside of my palm with his middle finger.
It made me feel cheap and dirty.
More like this:
- Late to the Filner party — Aug. 22, 2013
- Laura Fink's campaign role with Todd Gloria — July 25, 2013
- Filner may be the winner in last two accusations — July 24, 2013
- Mayor Filner welcomes an investigation proclaiming he is innocent — July 12, 2013
- Democrats rule in lucrative Filner committee appointments — Jan. 8, 2013