Don Bauder 9 p.m., Aug. 22
The Filner handshake
Mayor Bob Filner and I have crossed paths on three occasions: once in the Gaslamp and twice in movie theatre lobbies.
Our last encounter took place at Reading Cinemas Town Square. After picking out a ticket, I spotted Filner just as he was exiting one of the auditoriums. I haven't had the guts to speak publicly about the incident until now.
We exchanged pleasantries. It couldn't have lasted more than a minute. Before parting, I extended my hand.
The moment of humiliation arrived in mid-shake. I could have sworn that he tickled the inside of my palm with his middle finger.
It made me feel cheap and dirty.
More like this:
- Another Filner accuser comes forward...honest! — Aug. 22, 2013
- When you wish upon a fish — July 30, 2013
- Filner may be the winner in last two accusations — July 24, 2013
- Sloppy Moe to testify against Mayor Filner — July 11, 2013
- The funniest clip of Alfred Hitchcock you've never seen — June 24, 2013