Various Authors 1:40 p.m., Aug. 29
Suena: Tijuana filmmaker offers look at art, music, and city
Saulo Cisneros presents a feature-length documentary following the sights and sounds of Tijuana.
The guttural rumble of an un-muffled city bus. An electric sunrise crowning mountains beyond dense urban sprawl. The strangely-comforting coalesce of Fabuloso and sewage on a humid summer breeze.
Tijuana careens in from every angle with an ever-changing onslaught of sensory information that is at once dizzying, overwhelming, and intoxicating.
Enchanted by these whirlwind impressions, filmmaker Saulo Cisneros will be debuting Suena at Cineteca Carlos Monsiváis (CECUT) on Monday, July 22.
"[Suena] is an audiovisual cultural remix of the border region that starts with what I know and love: music, food, art, party, the streets and friends," Cisneros says.
The feature-length documentary follows eight Tijuana artists and musicians as they explore collaborations, production, live shows, and notable locales throughout the city, making use of the unique visual and audio textures of each location so that the city itself acts as a recording studio.
Free showing - 7 p.m.
More like this:
- Liquid Geometry: Galactic Reign tour lands in Tijuana, San Diego — Oct. 5, 2013
- Basura: San Pedro el Cortez screen documentary in Tijuana — Aug. 21, 2013
- The American Jungle filming live at Ruby Room — May 7, 2013
- Slug & Tug: art/music of Tijuana and Mexicali in Normal Heights — Dec. 28, 2012
- Fishbone Documentary Screening with Filmmaker Q&A January 12 — Dec. 29, 2011