Ed Bedford 10:30 a.m., July 29
Movies opening this week: Un Flic, Still Mine and more
One of my sons wants to play in the NBA. This seems, to me, unlikely. But Turbo will tell him no such thing. If snails can race, my boy can dunk.
Why would you see Red 2? Because you enjoy John Malkovich's blackly humorous take on the life of a retired spy, that's why.
Why would you see Girl Most Likely? Because you enjoy Kristen Wiig's wig-outs, that's why.
Why would you see Drew: the Man Behind the Poster? Because you grew up loving Star Wars and Indiana Jones and he's at least partly responsible for that, that's why. Also the poster for The Thing.
Why would you see The Conjuring? Because it's pulling surprisingly strong reviews for a haunted house flick. I may still catch it this weekend. The Warrens were a fascinating couple.
Why would you see Only God Forgives? Because you like violence and nastiness, presumably. Plus Ryan Gosling.
Why would you see R.I.P.D.? I have no idea.
More like this:
- Oh, by the way: Only God Forgives — July 26, 2013
- This week all roads lead to the Ken Cinema — July 17, 2013
- How I pissed off Gene Roddenberry AND Ed Wood's Vampira.... — May 21, 2013
- And while we're on the subject... — July 20, 2012
- Walking Dead Season 2: More To Hate, Enough To Love? — March 21, 2012