Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Nov. 29
Pac-Arts launches Drive-By Cinema next month
It's been a year or two since Lee Ann Kim first ran the concept of Drive-By Cinema past me. After a few experimental outings, the San Diego Asian Film Festival's "mobile film experiment" (and self-proclaimed "very irregular project of Pac Arts Movement") is about to take to the streets.
"We're changing the concept of how cinema should be exhibited," Pac-Arts managing director Phil Lorenzo told me. "The whole concept of Drive-By Cinema is to attack a designated part of town. The only way you'll know what's showing is via social media and email list. The blast should hit no more than one day before the event."
Many of this year's locations will be storefronts where mighty movie palaces once stood. The Drive-By bus' first stop will be in front of the old State Theatre on El Cajon Blvd. and Euclid. The presentation takes place on February 15 at 5pm, followed at 7pm by an after party at the Til Two Club, 4746 El Cajon Boulevard.
More like this:
- Linda Lovelace’s local adventures generated over 10 million San Diego dollars — Aug. 9, 2013
- Drive-By Cinema brings 'art' to the masses tonight — June 28, 2013
- Pac-Arts Spring Showcase goes 'Linsane!' — April 1, 2013
- Pac-Arts Drive-By Cinema launch party this Friday — Feb. 6, 2013
- Opening this week — Oct. 26, 2012