Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 17
Opening this week
Well, of course, the big bad entry is Zero Dark Thirty, which I admired for the way it told the protagonist's story without letting that story distract from the overall mission. Solid tradecraft. But it wasn't mine to review: it was Scott's, and he liked it - mostly.
Meanwhile, over at the Ken, you've got the crazy Russian goodness of Generation P. You know how everyone was going gaga over Holy Motors? Well, this is like that, except with a stronger structural framework. The kind you could build a tower around.
We didn't see The Impossible, but you can if you want to.
I may pop out to catch Texas Chainsaw 3D later this afternoon. I did all that research for my non-interview with the star; it's got me all curious now. I'm fascinated by this still I found over at The AV Club: such a loving recreation of the elements from the original (chicken in a cage!), yet without any of the original dread-inducement. Weird.
More like this:
- Movies opening this week: World War Z, Monsters University, and more — June 21, 2013
- Review: Texas Chainsaw 3D — Jan. 7, 2013
- The Texas Chainsaw interview that never was — Dec. 31, 2012
- Opening this week — Nov. 21, 2012
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to get 3-D Leatherface-lift — May 11, 2011