Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., Nov. 25
The poster finalists are in for the 20th annual San Diego Latino Film Festival
The Media Arts Center San Diego -- home of the San Diego Latino Film Festival -- kicks off the New Year with a special pre-SDAFF reception announcing the winner of the 20th Anniversary poster competition.
The tournament of posters will be held at the Noel-Baza Fine Art Gallery (2165 India Street) on Wednesday January 9th, 6-8 pm. All are welcome. Click to RSVP.
The press release has the following printed in bold type: Complimentary food, drinks and live music. Thai appetizers will be provided by Papaya Bay. There's no mention of who will be performing the live music. I'm hoping that festival director Ethan Van Thillo and artistic director Lisa Franek will perform a duet from Cats.
All seriousness aside, there's a thousand bucks in it for the winner. MACSD received over 120 entries. The list has been whittled down to 10 finalists: Alejandro Franseschini, Juan Luis Garcia, Diana Mota, Hugo Espinosa, Lupe Duarte, Sami Kähkönen, Tu Anh, & Ricardo Vallejo.
This year’s poster selection committee include: Nuvia Guerra, artist; Franko Rosas, graphic designer; Isaias Crow, artist; Alessandra Moctezuma, Gallery Director – San Diego Mesa College; Ana Brown, The Roots Factory; Bob Green, The Roots Factory; and Perry Vasquez, artist/professor – Southwestern College.
The 20th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival will be held March 7 - 17, 2013.
Click to view the ten finalists.
More like this:
- San Diego Latino Film Festival runs March 7 - 17 — March 5, 2013
- North Park's Boulevard Nights to showcase films from MACSD's Teen Producers Project — Sept. 4, 2012
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012
- France Takes Home the Gold in SD Latino Film Festival Poster Competition — Jan. 6, 2012
- San Diego Latino Film Festival Unveils Finalists for 2012 Poster Competition — Dec. 20, 2011