Susan Luzzaro 7:30 p.m., Feb. 9
Trailer Park: Escape from Planet Earth
How many acts of cinematic theft can you pack into one trailer?
Let's take a look!
Beloved super-dude appears before huge crowd of adoring fans and kisses a baby. Wow, haven't seen that since Megamind!
Oh, look: it turns out that we've got all this really cool technology, not because of human ingenuity, but because of aliens! Howdy, Men in Black!
Heroic traveler from another planet lands on earth in his space-suit body-armor, expresses goodwill in comedic fashion based on misunderstanding. Buzz, Buzz, Toy Story!
Stoner-slackers, one heavy, one slight, come across diminutive alien dude, try to help him when government comes a-calling. Because nobody saw Paul, anyway.
Government-captured freaky-deakies must assemble to save the day. A clever twist on Monsters vs. Aliens? No.
Wow. PLUS, not one but two three-point landings!
More like this:
- Trailer Park: Seventh Son — Aug. 2, 2013
- See the book, read the movie — April 4, 2013
- Trailer Park: the mundane horrors of Dark Skies — Feb. 22, 2013
- New movies opening this week — Feb. 15, 2013
- A closer look at the trailers for Oblivion and After Earth — Dec. 12, 2012