Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 10
When was the last time Woody Allen acted in a film that he didn't direct? If you guessed Antz (like me), than we'd both be wrong.
Did Alfonso Arau's Picking Up the Pieces even receive a theatrical release? According to IMBD, the film debuted in February 2000 at the American Film Market followed 3 months later by its television premier.
Jon Turturo's Fading Gigolo is Woody's first actor-for-hire gig in 13 years. Woody stars as a conniving bookseller happy to pick up a little gelt on the side by pimping Turturo's tuchas!
And you thought Small Time Crooks was bad.
It looks like a sex comedy geared for the Polident set. Once Zadie catches sight of Sharon Stone and Sofia Vergara in bed together, instead of lox and bagels for Sunday breakfast, Bubbie will get served a chub.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Fading Gigolo will premiere at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, which begins in September. Airfare to Canada is expensive. Wait three months and spin the dial; you'll find it.
More like this:
- Porn for film historians — Aug. 14, 2013
- It's beginning to look a lot like Oscar — Aug. 7, 2013
- Spot the Fake Titles Quiz IV: Dead by Dawn — May 24, 2013
- Go tell it on the mountain: a pictorial history of the Paramount logo — May 6, 2013
- The long, long titles: Part 1 — April 16, 2013