Jeff Smith 11:30 a.m., Aug. 30
Zaid Abu Hamdan brings his shorts to MoPA
Award-winning Jordanian director comes to Balboa Park as part of Arab Film Festival
Jordanian director Zaid Abu Hamdan will be in town on Saturday, May 4 to screen three of his award-winning and Oscar-qualified short films at the Museum of Photographic Arts.
In 2006, Hamdan's served as the first assistant director, writer for the Jordanian version of Sesame Street, but even before that his most fervent calling in life is child advocacy.
To date, Hamdan's company, Zaha Productions, has released five shorts. The three films to be screened are Baram and Hamza, Bahiya and Mahmoud, and Love Older...Hiroshi and Kiyoko.
The event is being sponsored by ADA (American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee) and Karama, an independent, non-partisan, non-profit corporation based in San Diego and made up of Arabs and non-Arabs.
There will be a reception at 6pm followed at 7pm by the movies. Tickets for the event are $10, $8 for MoPA members. The Museum of Photographic Arts is located at 1649 El Prado. Advance tickets can be purchased at BrownPaperTicket.com or at the door on the day of the show. Click for more information.
More like this:
- Arab Film Festival 2016 — Nov. 18, 2015
- Arab Film Festival hosts dinner and movie at MoPA — June 12, 2014
- San Diego Arab Film Festival announces 2013 lineup — Nov. 8, 2013
- Adult Puppet Cabaret and Heather Henson's Handmade Puppet Dreams at MoPA — Feb. 17, 2013
- SDAFF screens documentary Give Up Tomorrow tomorrow night at MoPA — Sept. 5, 2012