Ian Anderson 5 p.m., July 22
RIP Roger Ebert
I'm sure my partner will have much more to say about the death of critical giant Roger Ebert. But I wanted to note this, from the early paragraphs of his obituary:
Ebert, 70, who reviewed movies for the Chicago Sun-Times for 46 years and on TV for 31 years, and who was without question the nation’s most prominent and influential film critic, died Thursday in Chicago.
Lessee...70 years old, 46 years a critic at a major metropolitan daily. The man started in when he was 24. There are eras ending all over the place.
More like this:
- Interview with Life Itself director Steve James and Roger Ebert widow Chaz Ebert — July 3, 2014
- In a world without Ebert, Marks is named one of three to watch — Aug. 6, 2013
- David Elliott remembers Roger Ebert — April 8, 2013
- David Elliott's Final Column — June 13, 2012
- Movie Review: J. Edgar, Melancholia — Nov. 9, 2011