Dorian Hargrove 8:30 p.m., Dec. 12
The two-day Horrible Imaginings Film Festival will take place on Monday and Tuesday, October 1-2 at 8:00 p.m. with a pre-lecture at 7:30 p.m. at UC-San Diego's Price Center (Gilman Dr in La Jolla).
"On the first day of the festival, we will experience the Golden Age to the Post-Atomic Age with films such as the surrealist short Un Chien Andalou and the science fiction flick Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The second day of the festival moves from exploration to experimentation with films such as the Japanese horror sensation Katasumi and the vampire picture Martin." Tickets cost $5-10 for a single night and can be purchased online.
More like this:
- Gangway to Hell: The Love Boat sails again — Nov. 7, 2012
- KinderNights at the zoo — Sept. 22, 2012
- Wine for you, art for your kid — Sept. 20, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey — Sept. 20, 2012
- Labor Day movies at drive-in — Sept. 3, 2012