Don Bauder 7:30 a.m., Dec. 9
The Loft at UC-San Diego (911 Lyman Lane, Price Center East) will be screening Entre Les Bras (Step Up to the Plate) on Thursday, October 4. A dinner will be served at 7 p.m. and the film will begin at 8 p.m.
Film synopsis: "After decades at the helm, restaurateur Michel Bras prepares to hand the reigns of his self-titled Aubrac eatery to his son, Sébastien. In Entre Les Bras (Step Up to the Plate), the camera of director Paul Lacoste is there to record the transfer, presenting an absorbing, behind-the-scenes look at one of the world’s finest restaurants. Lacoste takes a patient, fly-on-the-wall approach while observing Michel and Sébastien at work. Lacoste’s artful documentary is as much a celebration of creative cuisine as a meditation on family ties."
The dinner menu will include "Niçoise salad with albacore tuna, hen egg, and lemon-basil dressing; herb roasted cornish hen with garlic confit mashed potato, crispy brussels sprouts, and red wine reduction; macaroon with fresh berries and butter cream. Drinks not included." Admission is $5-10; dinner and a movie costs $29-34.
More like this:
- Gam3rCon: Space Invaders Landing in San Diego — July 4, 2013
- Hey, everybody, it's Subway Sam! — June 14, 2013
- Tijuana: Moonshake returns to La Sexta at La Mi-Ja de La Mezcalera — Jan. 27, 2013
- Ser Humano: art outta El Centro — Sept. 28, 2012
- Heavy Hawaii “Super Bowl XXIX” Video and 7" — March 1, 2012