Marty Graham 10:30 a.m., Feb. 25
Publicly-collaborated series of ten short films on Egypt's Jan 25 revolution
18 Days speaks to the 18 days beginning from the January 25 revolution in Egypt against Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. In 18 Days, ten directors, six writers, twenty actors, and a number of small film crews volunteered to create ten short films using real captured footage by Egyptians who took photos, texted, tweeted, and filmed actual revolution events.
The film will screen at UCSD's Loft (9500 Gilman Dr) on Monday, October 29, from 7 - 9:00 p.m. Tickets cost $8-10. A post-film conversation will take place with Jigar Mehta and Yasmin Elayat, co-creators of the project. All proceeds go towards political and civic education in Egyptian villages.
More like this:
- San Diego Film Festival — Sept. 29, 2012
- San Diego Film Festival at MCASD — Sept. 27, 2012
- Cairo, Post-Revolution — Aug. 30, 2012
- UCSD's ArtPower! Film Announces its 2012-2013 Series — Aug. 2, 2012
- San Diego's First International Surf Film Festival at Bird's Surf Shed — April 20, 2012