Scott Ellis 7 a.m., April 16
A closer look at the posters for Rise of the Guardians
Um, guys? If they pull this one off, I'll eat my spun-sugar hat.
It starts off okay...I like the "more than a myth" line at the top, the way it harkens to his Norse heritage.
But it quickly goes...awry.
Santa as badass bouncer/biker? Naughty/Nice tattoos, like the Love/Hate jobs in Cape Fear? Oh, dear. And then, well, then it gets weird. First, there's the poster's claim that he's more than a fable.
Pardon the spacing glitch up there in the word balloon; I was distracted by all the strange feelings that picture aroused. Maybe this guy can whip me into shape.
Right. But what about the ladies?
I'm sorry I asked. And who are all these maps and legends, er, myths and legends going up against? A dude who dresses ominously in black. Of course, if we weren't dealing with mythological/allegorical figures, this wouldn't be much of a concern. But since we are dealing with mythological/allegorical figures...
More like this:
- Snapshots of Chicali — Oct. 24, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- A closer look at Brad Pitt's ad for Chanel No. 5 — Oct. 15, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D — Oct. 15, 2012
- A closer look at certain, um, parts of the trailer for Hitchcock — Oct. 11, 2012