Vincent Farnsworth 4:30 p.m., March 15
First annual Barrio Film Festival accepting submissions
“The Barrio Film Festival is seeking conscious short films that reflect life through art, music, community, culture, and struggle,” the website states. “Our focus is to showcase films that explore sub-cultures of people and communities, who live in everyday working class neighborhoods in the US, and around the world.”
Narratives, documentaries, experimental shorts, and animations must be 30 minutes or less. Music videos can be no longer than 5 minutes. All submissions must have been produced between 2009-2012.
Films produced before 2009 can still enter, but will not be eligible for prizes.
The festival will be held on November 24 and 25 with screenings in local art galleries, cultural centers, and businesses.
More like this:
- FIGMENT: the art of inclusivity at Chicano Park — March 27, 2013
- Yoga to Sound: live beats and vinyasa — Sept. 17, 2012
- San Diego Veteran Writers Take The Stage With Tim O’Brien — April 24, 2012
- 3rd Annual San Diego Burning Man Film Festival — Feb. 25, 2012
- Open Call for Submissions to the Oceanside International Film Festival — Feb. 6, 2012