Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., Jan. 30
First annual Barrio Film Festival accepting submissions
“The Barrio Film Festival is seeking conscious short films that reflect life through art, music, community, culture, and struggle,” the website states. “Our focus is to showcase films that explore sub-cultures of people and communities, who live in everyday working class neighborhoods in the US, and around the world.”
Narratives, documentaries, experimental shorts, and animations must be 30 minutes or less. Music videos can be no longer than 5 minutes. All submissions must have been produced between 2009-2012.
Films produced before 2009 can still enter, but will not be eligible for prizes.
The festival will be held on November 24 and 25 with screenings in local art galleries, cultural centers, and businesses.
More like this:
- Free High School Film Festival Sunday morning at the Ken — June 3, 2014
- San Diego Arab Film Festival announces 2013 lineup — Nov. 8, 2013
- FIGMENT: the art of inclusivity at Chicano Park — March 27, 2013
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012
- Open Call for Submissions to the Oceanside International Film Festival — Feb. 6, 2012