Ian Pike 4 p.m., Dec. 12
Streisand's finger of Guilt points at Monster-In-Law
What is it with these high-powered screen legends coming out of semi-retirement long enough to dreck the halls by playing merciless mother figures?
The Funny Girl ain't funny no more.
Has Yentl gone mentl? Was Barbra Streisand sick the week Jane Fonda's Monster-In-Law came and went? The high-priced diva can have the pick of the script litter and instead of choosing something even remotely challenging, La Streisand decides to favor us with The Guilt Trip, a reboot in the ass of the unwatchable Fonda festival of rot.
As for Seth Rogen in the JLo role, is there a script in Hollywood the man won't turn down? Observe and Report, The Green Hornet, The Judd Apatow Improv Olympics...doesn't he know when to say "Hell no!" Were it not for his stellar performance in this year's Take This Waltz, Rogen would have long ago earned a wing in the Will Ferrell Home for the Criminally Unfunny.
It's mine to review after I see it this weekend, and frankly this is one holiday turkey that I can't wait to sink my fangs into.
More like this:
- And the last Blockbuster rental is... — Nov. 14, 2013
- Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan — Sept. 12, 2012
- Meet Michael Knowles: Actor, Writer, Editor, Inventor, and Director of The Trouble with Bliss — April 7, 2012
- Grate Cinema: The Way We Were (1973) — Feb. 5, 2012
- DVD Rentals: Mister Roberts (1955) — Jan. 31, 2012