Jeff Smith 2:30 p.m., June 26
Opening this week
"Abe, darling, I know you saved the Union and all, but do we have to bring that flag everywhere we go?"
Yes, we knew that it was a dicey move to have Mr. Marks, Spielberg fanboy extraordinaire, review Lincoln. You'll have to figure out where the adoration ends and the criticism begins.
I was kinda sorry I didn't like Twilight more, for some reason.
A Royal Affair has dangerous ideas, dotty royalty, fabulous dresses, revolting peasants, scheming courtiers, and impossible love affairs. If you're into that sort of thing.
This Must Be the Place is not Il Divo. But Mr. Marks still liked it okay.
Silver Linings Playbook, on the other hand... As our Big Time Editor is wont to say, "You can't make characters out of crazy people, because they're crazy."
More like this:
- New releases opening this week — March 22, 2013
- New movies opening this week — Feb. 15, 2013
- And the Oscar nominees are... — Jan. 10, 2013
- Gobs of Globes — Dec. 13, 2012
- Hunger Games Biggest Grossing Non-Sequel Ever to Debut at Midnight — March 23, 2012