Terry Hertzler 9 p.m., Nov. 26
November workshops at Media Arts Center San Diego
"Intro to Final Cut Pro 101" and "Creating a Promo Video for your Non Profit and/or Small Business" debut this month
Media Arts Center San Diego pulls back the curtain to reveal two new digital workshops this month.
Alberto Lopez, a freelance videographer and editor whose credits include work on commercials, documentaries, animation, and journalism, will guide students through Intro to Final Cut Pro 101. Aimed at introducing budding filmmakers to the the principles and tools of editing, the class will expose beginners to the basics of the world’s most popular and widely used non-linear editing software.
Topics range from basic set-up, preferences, and capturing video and audio to cutting techniques, audio editing, finishing, and exporting video. The three class sessions meet from 6 to 8pm on November 13, 20, and 27.
Why not give your non profit and/or small business an e-presence by putting together a promotional video? Anthony Vargas, MACSD Video Production Services chieftain and independent video producer will show you how.
You'll need to bring 10-15 digital photos (.jpg format only, please) on a flash drive to help create a short video promo you can share on your favorite social media network. Creating a Promo Video for your Non Profit and/or Small Business meets from 6:30 to 8pm on November 8 and 15.
Both classes run $30 per session, 25% off for members, and are held at Media Arts Center San Diego, 2921 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego.
More like this:
- Digital Gym offers workshops on acting, post-production, and how to make a short film — April 22, 2013
- Learn Beginning Screenwriting at the Media Arts Center — July 3, 2012
- Media Arts Center Announces June Workshops Featuring Maya 3-D! — June 8, 2012
- Spring Into Cinema with the Media Arts Center April Workshops — March 27, 2012
- Weekly Listen Local Hotsheet, Local Record Reviews, Locals in the News, more — May 5, 2011