Ken Harrison 8:30 a.m., July 31
RunPee tells you when to go
App indicates best time to take the pause that refreshes
First rule of moviegoing: so as not to miss a precious moment of the gift of cinema be sure and visit the convenience prior to entering the auditorium and always before hitting the concession stand. I made that mistake once. Where do you put the popcorn and large soda? Atop the urinal? On the floor of the stall and risk getting a sprinkle of something even worse the the Quaker State popcorn topping heaped on at the concession stand?
I'll generally walk out and help myself to a second cup of Branden Parish's brewed-to-perfection brown gold during a morning screening at Hillcrest, but for whatever reason, I seldom have to let out a stream in mid-stream, if you will.
For those of you who come equipped with peanut-sized bladders, here's a handy app that tells you the best time to run and pee without missing out on an important plot point. No doubt young master Daniel Baldwin wished that he had downloaded RunPee in advance of yesterday morning's screening of The Sister. The poor lad ducked out for a piss-break two seconds before the film's big reveal.
Wait a minute...using RunPee involves turning on your cellphone in a dark auditorium?! Better you should hold it in.
More like this:
- What San Diego multiplexes have that Hollywood picture palaces don't — Sept. 16, 2013
- The best corn in San Diego isn't popped in a movie theatre — July 1, 2013
- Four Walls and a Bag of Corn for Father's Day — June 7, 2012
- Critics Barred from Bringing Starbucks into AMC Fashion Valley — April 4, 2012
- The Dirty Dozen: Twelve Ways Not to Behave in a Movie Theatre — June 24, 2011