Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
This One's for the Ladies
Hey ladies! Tired of the unrealistic body images and frustrating stereotypes perpetuated by comic-book representations of your gender?
Well, The Avengers is here to fix that. No, not by giving you a great heroine in The Black Widow:
Yes, "Camera Focus on Female Butt" is one of the film's IMDb keywords. What of it?
No, by giving you some proper beefcake collectible figurine action. BEHOLD, THOR, THE GOD OF THUNDER.
Go ahead and put this bad boy on the shelf above your true love's race car bed, and the next time he makes a disparaging comment about the way you fill out your Catwoman costume, maybe ask him why his hammer doesn't bring the lightning the way Chris Hemsworth's does.
More like this:
- 50 Years Later: Vintage Newspapers from the Week Marilyn Monroe Died — Aug. 4, 2012
- T&A Sells Movies... — May 23, 2012
- Your Mother Was Right... — May 21, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Poster for What to Expect When You're Expecting — May 4, 2012
- Special Titanic 3-D Sneak Preview Screening! — April 4, 2012