Veronica Remsbottom 8:43 p.m., March 26
A Closer Look at the Poster for What to Expect When You're Expecting
Hey, look, it's a movie based on a self-help book!
Ha, ha, pregnancy! Actually, it's pretty amazing that they're making a comedy out of this, because if there's one thing Alien taught us, it's that giving birth is freaking terrifying:
But seriously, folks. This is gonna be great! Just look at this wacky poster! It's tilted!
Hey, is that a tagline? Yes, yes it is.
See, it's funny because the women can't pull out of the whole "having a baby" thing now (not without making this an abortion comedy, always a difficult genre to pull off), and also because if the men with whom they were having unprotected sex during a fertile period in their menstrual cycle had pulled out prior to ejaculation, they wouldn't be pregnant. Why, that's almost as clever at 21 Jump Street's "The only thing getting blown tonight is their cover," a tagline that reassured us the film would not feature inappropriate sexual contact between undercover police officers and high school girls.
Insert "coming soon" joke here.
More like this:
- A closer look at the red-band trailer for the Evil Dead remake — Jan. 4, 2013
- A closer look at the trailers for Oblivion and After Earth — Dec. 12, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Silent Hill: Revelation 3D — Oct. 15, 2012
- "Alien DNA" — May 31, 2012
- Terrifying New Image from Prometheus — May 11, 2012