Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Spring Into Cinema with the Media Arts Center April Workshops
The Media Arts Center San Diego is turning its office on El Cajon Blvd. into a "Digital Gym" this April when they offer a series of hands-on spring film-making workshops.
Here's your chance to learn how to make your own short narrative film for only $25 per class!
Tuesday nights in April feature a three-part introduction to Adobe Photoshop 100 where you'll learn the basics of navigating through Photoshop, editing, creating backgrounds, retouching and text effects, and much more.
Wednesday nights feature a class familiarizing you with the basics of DSLR Digital Photography. This introductory series will offer photographers the opportunity to explore the DSLR camera or pick up new skills to enhance their work. The workshop will introduce participants to the basic of taking photos with the DSLR, camera angles, and more.
This year, MACSD offers a new series called "Creating a Short Film" hosted by media artist, Jodi Cilley. This three part series will teach the basics of the video production process. From script selection, locations, and auditions to what you will need on the day of production, and what to do when the film is done, this class has it all in a nutshell.
No experience with cameras or digital equipment is required, although it will help if you are familiar with Mac and bring a fertile imagination to the proceedings.
Classes begin April 10. [Click] to sign-up online today.
More like this:
- Digital Gym offers workshops on acting, post-production, and how to make a short film — April 22, 2013
- November workshops at Media Arts Center San Diego — Nov. 8, 2012
- Media Arts Center's September Schedule Offers a Trio of Technology Workshops — Aug. 27, 2012
- Media Arts Center Announces June Workshops Featuring Maya 3-D! — June 8, 2012
- Point and Spray — April 21, 2005