Ibn Tufail 10 p.m., July 1
Well played, Illumination.
"I know! Let's make a kids' movie where the villain is an economic overlord who doesn't care one whit about pollution, whose hold on the town's citizens is so complete that he owns the very air they breathe. Let's give him straight, heavy black hair and narrow eyes, and let's make him smaller than other folks. And then, before anyone can cry Sino-American relations disaster, let's give him an Irish surname."
More like this:
- Casting Katy Perry's Blade Runner sequel the right way. — July 31, 2013
- Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven: a tense day on the set. — Aug. 31, 2012
- Review: Casa de Mi Padre — March 16, 2012
- Review: Project X — March 2, 2012
- "Here is a man who would not take it any more." — May 20, 2011