Matt Potter 3:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Caption This: The Lone Ranger
So, word is going 'round that even without werewolves, the budget for the Lone Ranger reboot is pushing $250 million, in part because director Gore Verbinski wanted to build his own trains for the thing. Time for a captioning...what is Johnny Depp thinking here?
Portlandia version: "Why did I put a bird on it? Because at $250 million, we can afford to put a bird on it."
50 Shades of Grey version: "Between the fancy suit, the leather mask, and the tight bandana around your neck, kemo sabe, I'm beginning to worry about that contract I signed when we got into this."
Funny or Die version: "I really hope you're not Will Ferrell under that mask, because if you are, it's a safe bet that this bird just shat in my hair."
I'm sure y'all can do better. Add your own in the comments!
More like this:
- The Long Ranger — July 3, 2013
- The Texas Chainsaw interview that never was — Dec. 31, 2012
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: First Look at Armie Hammer as The Lone Ranger — March 9, 2012
- The Reader's Eye on Television — Aug. 30, 2007
- The Reader's Eye on Television — Aug. 31, 2006