Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Feb. 27
Media Arts Center Announces June Workshops Featuring Maya 3-D!
It took a moment (and a phone call to SD Latino Film Festival programmer Glenn Heath) to sort things out.
Was the ever-industrious Maya Kroth set to teach the Media Arts Center's class on 3-D and Lighting Design for DSLR Photography or did the Media Arts Center pony up the dough to pay for a 3-D conversion of the old Jay North standby?
The joke's on me! Turns out Maya is a 3-D software program and the Media Arts Center's "Digital Gym" is turning their spring workshop into a stereoscopic workout.
The preparative class, offered every Tuesday beginning June 12th, will introduce students to the basics of navigating through Maya 3-D, modeling, lighting, and much more.
101: Intro to Maya 3-D, Tuesday 6/12, 6-8pm
- The Maya Interface
- Primitive objects
- Modeling basics
102: Tuesday 6/19, 6-8pm
- Complex objects
- Organic Modeling
103: Tuesday 6/26, 6-8pm
- The 3-D Environment
- Character Modeling Basics
The class will be taught by Don Dean, digital graphics professional, web developer, animator, and educator in both the academic and corporate worlds for more than 20 years. He teaches courses in web design, E-Commerce, digital graphics, and 3D Animation at MiraCosta College, Grossmont College, and is a visiting professor at DeVry University.
Wednesdays in June bring classes on Lighting Design for DSLR Photography taught by Rizzhel Javier, award-winning photographer with an M.F.A. from S.D.S.U. Rizzhel has taught advanced photography classes at S.D.S.U. and The Museum of Photographic Art.
Lighting Design for DSLR Photography 101: Understanding Light, Wednesday 6/13, 6-8pm
- Light Direction and Shadow
- Types of Light - degree of diffusion
- Light in Relationship to Subject
102: Artificial Light, Wednesday 6/20, 6-8pm
- The Main Light - The Dominant Source
- Light in Relation to Subject
- Portrait Lighting
103: Light on the Go, Wednesday 6/27, 6-8pm
- Fill Lighting
- Lighting Objects
The cost is $30 per class and 25% off for members. Click for more information.
More like this:
- Digital Gym offers workshops on acting, post-production, and how to make a short film — April 22, 2013
- November workshops at Media Arts Center San Diego — Nov. 8, 2012
- Learn Beginning Screenwriting at the Media Arts Center — July 3, 2012
- Spring Into Cinema with the Media Arts Center April Workshops — March 27, 2012
- Three-D San Diego: The Closest Thing to Time Travel — Oct. 14, 1999