Marty Graham 4:30 p.m., Jan. 29
So this was interesting:
"Legendary horror maven Clive Barker -- who's responsible for the 'Candyman' and 'Hellraiser' franchises -- gave his ex-boyfriend HIV ... and then kicked him out on the street ... this according to claims in a new lawsuit...Armstrong says Barker confessed he had previously engaged in a sexual relationship with his own cousin, who had AIDS -- and also engaged in sadomasochism in prior relationships that involved syringes."
One hesitates to draw the parallels between life and art too precisely. But Hellraiser's cenobites are quite explicitly sadomasochistic beings with a taste for leather fetishwear. The interesting thing is what happens to them toward the end of Hellraiser II.
"You haven't always been this way. You were human! Remember all your confusion!" You know, before you became mutiliated sadomasochistic wretches. And what frees you from your horrific condition? Death.
More like this:
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012
- Charlize Theron, Conflicted Soul — June 7, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Bourne Legacy — June 6, 2012
- "Alien DNA" — May 31, 2012
- If I Cast the The 3 Stooges — April 9, 2012