Eve Kelly 5:30 a.m., Sept. 17
So I attended a screening of Rock of Ages last night, and because it's in the trailer above, I'm not breaking any embargoes when I tell you that in one scene, Catherine Zeta-Jones leads a bunch of angry anti-rock moms and nuns in a rousing rendition of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It."
Anyway, I'm driving home, and because I'm old, I'm listening to the radio. And suddenly, I'm hearing "We're Not Gonna Take It." Ha, kismet! Except it's not really "We're Not Gonna Take It." It's just the chorus, being played as part of a commercial for Extended Stay America. Apparently, the "it" we are not going to take any more is the indignity of making coffee in a hotel bathroom's vanity area - because Extended Stay America rooms have full kitchens!
Rock and roll, baby. Rock and roll.
It's not quite as bad as when I got to listen to Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" while shopping for bathroom tile at Tile Club, but it's close.
More like this:
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012
- Meet the Kids Behind Monsters University! — June 20, 2012
- Caption This: The Lone Ranger — June 15, 2012
- There Has Never Been a Better Time: Red Fox Tails — June 7, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Bourne Legacy — June 6, 2012