Various Authors 4:58 p.m., May 28
My Favorite Image from the Trailer for Tarantino's Django Unchained
No, it's not Jamie Foxx doing his best impression of Buster Brown [Ed. - dirtiest rap name ever?]:
Silly Django - time was made for slaves!
No, as gloriously pimptastic as that image may be, it lacks the sheer batshit Quentiny goodness of Leonardo DiCaprio's sadistic slave-owner cradling what looks to be the world's classiest pina colada:
Seriously: if I didn't know better, I'd guess that that was a special pewter stem, designed to recieve a coconut shell which then serves as the bowl of the goblet. Add a straw carved from the ivory tooth of a sperm whale, and you have yourself a Crunk Cup of otherworldly glory.
More like this:
- James Cameron continues the madness! — July 8, 2013
- Spring Breakers: Korine's homage to Tarantino? — March 14, 2013
- Quentin Tarantino gives red band Django trailers a personalized touch — Dec. 3, 2012
- Expendables 2: Your Move, Michael Bay — June 19, 2012
- Charlize Theron, Conflicted Soul — June 7, 2012