Dorian Hargrove 8:30 p.m., Dec. 12
My Favorite Image from the Trailer for Tarantino's Django Unchained
No, it's not Jamie Foxx doing his best impression of Buster Brown [Ed. - dirtiest rap name ever?]:
Silly Django - time was made for slaves!
No, as gloriously pimptastic as that image may be, it lacks the sheer batshit Quentiny goodness of Leonardo DiCaprio's sadistic slave-owner cradling what looks to be the world's classiest pina colada:
Seriously: if I didn't know better, I'd guess that that was a special pewter stem, designed to recieve a coconut shell which then serves as the bowl of the goblet. Add a straw carved from the ivory tooth of a sperm whale, and you have yourself a Crunk Cup of otherworldly glory.
More like this:
- James Cameron continues the madness! — July 8, 2013
- Spring Breakers: Korine's homage to Tarantino? — March 14, 2013
- Quentin Tarantino gives red band Django trailers a personalized touch — Dec. 3, 2012
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for The Bourne Legacy — June 6, 2012