Walter Mencken 2:37 p.m., March 1
A Tale of Two Sex Comedies
Plus ca change...
This weekend, you've got Marilyn in Let's Make Love at Cinema Under the Stars:
Meanwhile, 30 Beats is opening down at Reading Gaslamp:
I dunno. I mean, I enjoy listening to Jennifer Tilly's knowing purr as much as the next man (as long as the next man isn't Fred Willard), and Let's Make Love isn't going to top anybody's list of Marilyn Movies, but at least it feels like it might be fun? 30 Beats looks like it takes sex even more seriously than the porn maestros behind Willard's beloved The Client List. At least that was a parody of a middling Jennifer Love Hewitt TV show.
More like this:
- Comedian Fred Willard Pulls a Pee-Wee Herman — July 19, 2012
- Dark Shadows FANATIC Reviews the Burton/Depp DS — May 11, 2012
- Grindhouse Movie Reviews/Seen on DVD: The Billy Jack Collection — Jan. 5, 2012
- Monkey Business, Part 2 — July 19, 2011
- Lord Voldemort: A Retrospective — July 18, 2011