Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Sept. 1
9th Annual San Diego International Children's Film Festival to Screen Over 100 Short Films
The San Diego International Children's Film Festival returns for its 9th season with the promise of over 100 short films (from 20 different countries) for the entire family.
Programs combine animated, live-action, and documentary shorts and are arranged for different age groups from toddlers through teens. The selections, curated by Dan Bennett, festival founder and film critic for the North County Times, display inventive filmmaking and animation techniques. Many filmmakers will be in attendance to talk about their work and answer questions.
The festival will take place July 15-22 at Comic-Con International and the Museum of Photographic Arts in Balboa Park. Admission at both venues is free to everyone.
Comic-Con is sold out, but adults with valid badges can bring their children ages 12 and younger to Kids Day on Sunday, July 15 and get them no-cost child badges on site. No tickets or reservations are necessary for screenings at MoPA.
Click for more information or call (760) 805-9510.
More like this:
- Oceanside International Film Festival seeks submissions — May 20, 2013
- Live music at old school Comic Fest, Oct. 19 - 21 @ Town and Country Resort — Oct. 17, 2012
- We Got the Con Part 2: More Comic-Related Music Events This Week — July 11, 2012
- Key to the Comic Kingdom — July 20, 2011
- SD International Children's Film Festival Starts Sunday at Comic-Con — July 20, 2011