Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
Learn Beginning Screenwriting at the Media Arts Center
Glenn Heath, film critic for Slant Magazine and programmer at the San Diego Latino Film Festival, will be holding a beginning screenwriting class at the Media Arts Center.
No previous experience is required. All you need is an idea for a short film and the willingness to see it through. Glenn will guide you through the steps of translating your ideas to the page and how to properly format a script.
The classes will be spread over three nights and cover the following topics:
Thursday 7/12, 6-8pm
- 101: Story Basics
- The hook, location, character, story structure, pacing, the Hero's Journey
Thursday 7/19 6-8pm
- 102: The Script
- Script formatting, active voice and detail
Thursday 7/26 6-8pm
- 103: The Sell
- The art of pitching, selling your ideas
Classes will be held at the Media Arts Center, 2921 El Cajon Blvd. Enrollment is $30 per session, $25 for members.
Click for more information.
More like this:
- Summer Youth Media & Tech Camps at Media Arts Center — June 5, 2014
- Digital Gym offers workshops on acting, post-production, and how to make a short film — April 22, 2013
- Industry experts bring Script to Screen symposium to San Diego — March 19, 2013
- November workshops at Media Arts Center San Diego — Nov. 8, 2012
- Media Arts Center Announces June Workshops Featuring Maya 3-D! — June 8, 2012