Delinda Lombardo 2:30 p.m., April 30
Remember Ricky Gervais? Razor-sharp wit, often used for self-evisceration - and by extension, the evisceration of all showbiz, the very world he inhabited? I'm talking about Extras, of course:
Bloody brilliant. Yeah, that Ricky Gervais is gone. He's thinner now, which, good for him, but he seems to have dropped something else along with the pounds. In preparation for his second stint as Golden Globes host on Sunday, Vulture calls him out right and proper:
"But in the year since the Globes, one person has appeared to be more amused and delighted by Gervais's performance than anyone else, in or out of Hollywood: Ricky Gervais himself. Having spent an awards show deflating the hype around movie stars, Gervais has spent the last year buying his own.
Ricky Gervais told some appealingly honest-to-mean jokes about famous people. And he has spent the last few months smugly discussing them as though they were tragically misunderstood by oversensitive actors."
More like this:
- Well, of course Ricky Gervais is in talks to star in the next Muppet movie — Dec. 17, 2012
- The Trailer for Dark Shadows is...*Sigh*...Here. — March 19, 2012
- The Disappearing Golden Globes... — Jan. 16, 2012
- Golden Globe Awards Live Blog — Jan. 15, 2012
- Oh hush: Ricky Gervais worries he might not be able to improve on last year's Golden Globes performance? — Nov. 18, 2011