Walter Mencken 9:52 a.m., Oct. 27
NoDoz for Elvis Fans
Stay Awake, Joe? Is that the title of an Elvis picture or a cautionary warning for narcoleptics named Joe?
NoDoz is probably the only drug the King never ingested -- over-the-counter meds are for suckers -- but that didn't stop the knuckleheads who put this ad together from stating the obvious. You're going to need something to get through a film starring Presley as a hackneyed "half-breed."
Be on the lookout for the upcoming 4-pack of misspelt Elvis classics that includes Change of Habits, Loving Ewe, Funk in Acapulco, and Love Meat Tender.
Credit the great Ted Okuda for having the good fortune of finding this and the good sense to send it my way.
More like this:
- Broadway style will bring a smile — June 16, 2015
- Number two and trying harder — May 17, 2013
- North Park bar has had enough Beatles, going gay for Morrissey — Dec. 23, 2012
- Linda + Elvis 4ever — Jan. 4, 2007
- Ghost Crowd — April 21, 2005