Don Bauder 1:30 p.m., April 24
NoDoz for Elvis Fans
Stay Awake, Joe? Is that the title of an Elvis picture or a cautionary warning for narcoleptics named Joe?
NoDoz is probably the only drug the King never ingested -- over-the-counter meds are for suckers -- but that didn't stop the knuckleheads who put this ad together from stating the obvious. You're going to need something to get through a film starring Presley as a hackneyed "half-breed."
Be on the lookout for the upcoming 4-pack of misspelt Elvis classics that includes Change of Habits, Loving Ewe, Funk in Acapulco, and Love Meat Tender.
Credit the great Ted Okuda for having the good fortune of finding this and the good sense to send it my way.
More like this:
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews — Sept. 17, 2013
- NBC Eyes Munsters Reboot — Nov. 8, 2011
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- $20 Million Persuades Jennifer Lopez to Stick With American Idol — Aug. 2, 2011
- Linda + Elvis 4ever — Jan. 4, 2007