Barbarella Fokos 4 p.m., Dec. 21
Audience Response: Project X
So I went to a screening of the party-gone-wild movie Project X last night. Most of the other attendees were, from the looks of them, college students. (Even though the party is set in a high school, I'm thinking college kids are the demographic sweet spot for this one, especially given this ad-copy from the MPAA:
"Reckless Behavior and Mayhem" - since when is that a ratings descriptor? Did they invent it just for this film? Oh, man - film-specific ratings descriptors could be a huge source of fun. There's Something About Mary: Rated R for Inappropriately Placed Bodily Fluids.
But I digress.)
Anyway, I can't say much about the film yet, but I can say this about the audience: they cheered the reckless behavior and mayhem. They cheered the crude and sexual content throughout. They cheered the, drugs, drinking, and pervasive language. BUT...the nudity, they did not cheer. When the boobies came out, there were no appreciative hollas, no hormonal hoots of glee. A reverent hush fell over the crowd; the theater was as silent as a church. I guess some things just aren't funny?
More like this:
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Casting Candy Land — Feb. 2, 2012
- Part 2 of A Closer Look at the Clip for Red Tails — Jan. 11, 2012