• Big Screen alerts

Image

This Sunday night, Matt Lickona and I will be seated before our television sets and laptops providing Big Screen readers with a blow-by-blow description of the 84th Annual Academy Awards. I was with Matt on Sunday night and he gave me a sneak peek at his "Black by Vera Wang" tuxedo. Très magnifique! As always, I'll be decked out in the latest duds from Sears' Ed Asner Collection.

The pre-game festivities commence at something like 4 a.m., but we won't start blogging until just before the 5:30 p.m. kick-off. Make sure to stop by and leave a snarky comment or two.

In honor of Him, I ask that you all have a phone in your hand to throw across the room when Marty loses to the silent-darling. After the inevitable defeat, I ask that you all step out of character and behave like rabid sports fans after their team loses. No, don't beat your spouse, just take to the streets in a drunken fit of rioting, looting, and overturning cars. That'll show 'em who's the boss!

Image

• Big Screen alerts

Comments

dregstudios Feb. 22, 2012 @ 12:03 p.m.

The Academy certainly went with much higher brow nominees this year which I think will lose them a large portion of their young audience. After doing better at being in touch with the public the past two years, these stiff nominees just fall flat. I usually have something in common with the choice but not this year- if the contenders seem stuffy to you, check out my own Top 10 Movie Picks of 2011 at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-movie-picks-of-2011.html where you won’t see a single of the Academy’s nominees for Best Picture but you will get some movie artwork I drew up as well as the reviews!

Scott Marks Feb. 22, 2012 @ 1:08 p.m.

I don't consider audience-pleasers like "The Artist," "The Descendants," "Extremely Boring," "War Horse," "The Help" or many of the nominated films the least bit highbrow. If anything, the most erudite of the best picture nominees are "Hugo" and "Tree of Life" which will account for both films inevitable loss to the cuddly and nostalgic "The Artist." And the only way Hollywood can hope to court the youth market is if they exclusively broadcast the ceremony on iPhones.

Ghost_of_dolores_hope Feb. 22, 2012 @ 6:21 p.m.

Best picture was Bellflower. Hey, I finally saw Crimson Gold: Iran's Taxi Driver via pizza delivery. On tumblr somewhere I saw DeNiro's cab license! I bet you have that somewhere.

Scott Marks Feb. 22, 2012 @ 9:16 p.m.

L-O-V-E "Crimson Gold." The opening long take is astounding. Jafar Panahi rots in jail while the rest of the world goes loopy over "The Help." We're in a hell.

Scott Marks Feb. 23, 2012 @ 1:51 a.m.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

Colonna Feb. 23, 2012 @ 8:53 p.m.

Gonna go Jim Jones and make us drink the Kool-Aid, eh?

Colonna Feb. 23, 2012 @ 8:56 p.m.

I will be in attendance Sunday evening in my Crosby-Hope tuxedo special, ready to perform one of the two nominated songs:

"Am I a mannnnnnnn or am I a muppettttttttttttt???"

Ahhh, yes. Repulsive, isn't it?