6 a.m., March 12
Miss Piggy is Only the Beginning (We Hope)
First things first: HUGE props to Gary Oldman for saying that Miss Piggy is the most sincere person he's met on the receiving line so far at the BAFTAS.
Second: look, I'm not the first to say that The Muppets should host the Academy Awards. But I think it's important that all film blogs do their part. If only for the opportunity to see Statler and Waldorf live out every critic's dream of heckling the Oscars onsite and in real time.
More like this:
- Report: Michael Bay furious at being passed over for directorial duties on Angry Birds films — May 15, 2013
- Hollywood on its Way to a Record-Breaking Year — April 27, 2012
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: First Look at Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham — Nov. 7, 2011
- Kids Today — Aug. 5, 2011
- Why do restaurants serve 5-7 rolls of bread when there are 2 of us? — Sept. 30, 1999