Jim Markle 6:30 p.m., June 30
Searching for Jimmy Dean
We'll have a review of the angsty teen drama Chronicle up in a little bit, but in the meantime, remember James Dean?
It's okay if you don't. Dude only made like three movies, and two of 'em were angsty teen dramas from the '50s.
But even though no one remembers him now, he did have a certain look, a look Hollywood has been chasing ever since. River Phoenix might have had it, but he went and died young, just like Dean. DiCaprio may have had it, but then he went and became Scorsese's manly Muse.
Edward Furlong was supposed to have had it (remember Terminator 2?) but...who knows? Now here comes Dane DeHaan in Chronicle, playing a very 21st-century Rebel Without a Cause...
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Promotional Tie-Ins 101 — March 6, 2012
- What Happened? Clive Owen — Feb. 21, 2012
- The High Concept: Beast Wars! — Feb. 15, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011