Jay Allen Sanford 8:15 a.m., June 29
Coolest man on earth
Walter Hill's back and Stallone's got him!
It's been almost 20 years since Walter Hill (48HRS., Streets of Fire, Southern Comfort) has rewarded us with anything to look at. My head began spinning the second I saw his name attached to the trailer for Stallone's latest action flick, Bullet to the Head.
Exhale. It's not a remake of the John Woo classic, Bullet in the Head.
Jim Hemphill, former student and eternal teacher, arranged a visit to the 20th Century Fox editing room to watch Walter Hill cut a scene from Wild Bill. After a couple of hours, Mr. Hill invited us to the Fox commissary to join him for lunch.
Halfway through the meal, Mel Brooks walks up to the table to say hello to Walter.
"Hello, Mel," Hill says as he stands to shake Brooks' hand. Without missing a best, Hill motions towards the peanut gallery and asks, "You know Jim Hemphill and Scott Marks, don't you, Mel?"
If there is a cooler way for one to introduce commoners to royalty, let me know. Until that time, Hill wins the brass ring.
More like this:
- Can't get enough of those guns and knives — May 12, 2015
- DVR alert: 41st AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Mel Brooks — June 12, 2013
- 4th row center: Monkeybone — June 5, 2013
- Fox News and Jim Carrey gum it out — April 2, 2013
- Bullet to the Head: Movie Review — Jan. 28, 2013