Bob McPhail 5:30 p.m., May 25
Strange Cinema presents Blue Velvet
The Museum of Photographic Arts (1649 El Prado) features David Lynch's Blue Velvet (1986, 120 min.) tomorrow night, December 6, at 7 p.m. The film is part of the Museum's Strange Cinema series, which "delves into the creative process and cinematic influences of artist Ruud van Empel."
Film synopsis: "After finding a severed human ear in a field, a young man soon discovers a sinister underworld lying just beneath his idyllic suburban home town." The film stars Isabella Rosselini, Kyle MacLachlan, Laura Dern, and Dennis Hopper.
From the film: Sandy Williams (Laura Dern): I can't figure out if you're a detective or a pervert. Jeffrey Beaumont (Kyle MacLachlan): Well, that's for me to know and you to find out.
Get ready to feel weird. Admission is free for members and $6-8 for the public. Tickets can be purchased online or at the event.
More like this:
- Drive-By Cinema brings 'art' to the masses tonight — June 28, 2013
- Old California Cafe — Dec. 28, 2012
- San Diego's 10 Best Movie Theaters — May 16, 2012
- Latino Film Festival Announces August's Cinema en tu Idioma Lineup — July 6, 2011
- A Chat About Lemon Grove Kid Dennis Hopper — Oct. 20, 2010