Matt Potter 12:47 p.m., Dec. 10
Please stand by
Technical difficulties here at The Big Screen.
But to help pass the time, why not watch The Ring?
I was chatting with my co-blogger Scott the other night about scary movies, or rather, movies that scared us, and I confessed that I was surprised by how much this had scared me. His reply, "I was surprised by how good it was." But then he allowed as how it wasn't quite good enough to make up for the wave of filth-haired Japanese demon girls it unleashed upon the world. I had a similar thought while re-watching The Silence of the Lambs the other night. Serial killers, criminal profiling...it's all just an echo at this point, isn't it?
Also, how hilarious is the standard YouTube disclaimer: "I do not own the rights to this video." Oh, okay then.
More like this:
- Interview with Much Ado About Nothing director Joss Whedon — June 20, 2013
- "I've got a bad feeling about this." — May 16, 2012
- Review: Underworld: Awakening — Jan. 20, 2012
- Oh hush: Ricky Gervais worries he might not be able to improve on last year's Golden Globes performance? — Nov. 18, 2011
- Overheard at Disney: "Hey guys, remember when we were cool?" — Aug. 23, 2011