Dorian Hargrove 6:30 p.m., Oct. 21
Pac-Arts Movement screens The Thieves tomorrow
Korean blockbuster plays Arc Light one night only
Pacific Arts Movement closes out the year tomorrow night with a screening of the biggest money maker in the history of Korean cinema.
Pac-Arts has selected The Thieves for their final quarterly screening of 2012. The crime thriller directed by Choi Dong-hoo, "focuses on a crew of thieves vying for a sparkly, 318-carat diamond locked up inside a casino valut. As they gear up and stroll into the casino, they quickly learn that avoiding the cops may not be their toughest problem. The pan-Asian cast includes Gianna Jun (My Sassy Girl), Simon Yam (Election), Kim Hye-soo (Tazza: The High Rollers), Angelica Lee (The Eye), and many more."
I spoke with Pac-Arts potentate, Lee Ann Kim, who likened The Thieves to Ocean's 11. I hope she meant Sinatra, not Clooney.
You last chance to see it is at 7 pm tomorrow night at ArcLight La Jolla at Westfield UTC.
Admission is $14 and this baby is going to be a sellout. Click to order tickets.
More like this:
- Pac-Arts 3rd Annual Spring Showcase — April 18, 2013
- Pac-Arts launches Drive-By Cinema next month — Jan. 8, 2013
- San Diego Asian Film Foundation becomes Pacific Arts Movement — Oct. 16, 2012
- This is Not a Review of This is Not a Film — May 3, 2012
- Happy Endings — Oct. 19, 2000