Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., Feb. 5
Huge movie poster sale at Landmark La Jolla Village Cinemas in a month or so!
[UPDATE: Yeah, when I said this weekend? I meant the last weekend in September.]
Posters! Posters! Posters! Get your movie posters! Saturday, September 29th, 2012 & Sunday, September 30th, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, at Landmark's La Jolla Village Cinemas, situated in The Shops At La Jolla Village at 8879 Villa La Jolla Drive, La Jolla, CA. (Yes, that's a lot of La Jollas.)
Alas, you will not be able to obtain the magnificently classy poster depicted above, but you will be able to pick up original film posters spanning over the last 10 Years. Indie, art house, foreign, prestige, LGBT, mainstream, blockbusters, kids' movies, etc. etc. Bargain pricing!
Kinda makes me wistful for freshman year, when I had the poster for Whit Stillman's Metropolitan on my dorm room wall... Talking of which, here's an interview with Mr. Stillman about writing that film.
More like this:
- Dig a hole: Landmark La Jolla Village — June 3, 2015
- Meet Finding Vivian Maier's Charlie Siskel — April 17, 2014
- Opening this week — Nov. 9, 2012
- Opening This Week — Aug. 23, 2012
- Biggest Movie Event of the Weekend Has Nothing to Do With Comic-Con — July 11, 2012