Don Bauder 8 p.m., Sept. 1
Puss In Boots Makes a Personal Appearance in San Diego
While visiting Disneyland earlier this year, the nice folks at Critter Country told me I could get my picture taken with Goofy. Some Goof! Turns out it was a pituitary case wearing cloth ears and padded felt buck teeth.
Word just arrived that Shrek(s) co-star, Puss in Boots, will make San Diego a part of his promotional tour for the November 4 release of Puss in Boots. I refuse to interview some twerp in a cheezy costume. This had better be the real Puss in Boots. There's a little specialty restaurant in town that I'd love to have him for dinner at. For dessert, a fistful of tokens and a quick visit to Puss 'n' Booths in Santee.
Here is the cool cat's itinerary:
Friday, September 30th, 2011: 2:00pm – 4:00pm at Rady’s Children’s Hospital (3020 Children's Way, San Diego, CA 92123).
Saturday, October 1st – Sunday, October 2nd 2011: 9:00am – 4:00pm at Miramar Air Show (Miramar Air Base).
Talk about synchronicity! Saturday's my birthday, and on my fixed income, I was going to celebrate with my favorite horse byproducts mixed with pulverized fish bones and served in a gelatinous broth.
More like this:
- A Proper Brunch: Proper Gastropub — Nov. 20, 2011
- German Currents San Diego Film Festival This Weekend at MoPA — Oct. 17, 2011
- Latino Film Festival Announces August's Cinema en tu Idioma Lineup — July 6, 2011
- Free Screening of the 10th Annual Youth Media Showcase — May 31, 2011
- Top Gun Screening in Oceanside Took My Breath Away — May 28, 2011