Don Bauder 7:30 a.m., Jan. 29
The Origins of Catwoman's Costume: REVEALED!
Still no word as to whether Joseph Gordon-Levitt will get to play Robin in the new Batman movie, but hey, at least we have the exciting revelation of Catwoman's costume to tide us over. What's that, you say? You don't find Catwoman's costume all that exciting? You wonder why it lacks the magic of, say, the Julie Newmar or Michelle Pfeiffer versions?
Wonder no more, dear reader. Instead, consider the source material. Start by noticing the thigh-high boots, the long gloves (indicated by the wrinkles in the otherwise smooth material), and the demure collar.
Here, just to help you see, we'll make everything else a different color - say, red.
Hm. Now that we're paying attention, that line along the top of her right thigh might indicate the presence of briefs. And that belt should probably be a different color - how about gold?
Wait a second, where did that chest insignia come from? And where did her ears go? Hey...
Well, of course. No wonder the costume isn't vampy - it's inspired by a Supermom outfit.
More like this:
- New Photos from The Avengers! — Dec. 29, 2011
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for J. Edgar — Sept. 20, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011