Bob McPhail 12:30 p.m., April 26
Best Sex Scene Dialogue Ever?
Okay, so the news that Nicholas Sparks has gone and sold The Watchers, yet another retelling of the, um, classic "angel falls in love with a human" story, has reminded me of one of my favorite lessons from the Nicolas Cage school of action acting. It comes during his sex scene with Meg Ryan in City of Angels. You remember - former angel Seth is having his first go at things, and the lovely Maggie is curious about her lover's experience of carnality:
Maggie: Do you feel that?
Maggie: And that? How's it feel? Tell me what it feels like.
Seth: I can't.
Seth: Warm. Aching.
Maggie: It's okay. We fit together.
Seth: I know.
Maggie: We were made to fit together.
"Warm!" Phew! If you'll excuse me, I think I need to take five.
More like this:
- It's just death — March 4, 2015
- Boobgate 2013 continues: this time with actual quotes, and a defense from Roger Ebert! — Feb. 27, 2013
- Amazing Grace and the Maestro — Nov. 14, 2012
- For a good time, read this interview with Ari Graynor, Lauren Miller, and Katie Anne Naylon — Aug. 31, 2012
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011