Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Drive star Ryan Gosling.
I'm still processing Drive's extraordinarily bold use of whatever this font is (can we just call it "Eighties"?) to advertise a film that isn't about romance between misunderstood teenagers with big hair.
Reader critic David Elliott, however, is not distracted by such ephemera, and instead finds himself driven (seewhatIdidthere) to praise this "odd, erratic, unsettling, riveting film" in this week's review. He also finds some "gossamer hints of gayness" to appreciate in the period piece Mozart's Sister, but proves immune to the sterile charms of Contagion. Wrapping things up, there's a pleasant visit to Coronado's restored Village Theater. Enjoy!
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- More Fun with Studio Logos! — Sept. 14, 2011