Larry Steckling 10 p.m., Nov. 26
Drive star Ryan Gosling.
I'm still processing Drive's extraordinarily bold use of whatever this font is (can we just call it "Eighties"?) to advertise a film that isn't about romance between misunderstood teenagers with big hair.
Reader critic David Elliott, however, is not distracted by such ephemera, and instead finds himself driven (seewhatIdidthere) to praise this "odd, erratic, unsettling, riveting film" in this week's review. He also finds some "gossamer hints of gayness" to appreciate in the period piece Mozart's Sister, but proves immune to the sterile charms of Contagion. Wrapping things up, there's a pleasant visit to Coronado's restored Village Theater. Enjoy!
More like this:
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- Picture Story: Anne Hathaway Has a Bad Day on the Set of Dark Knight Rises — Sept. 26, 2011
- A Closer Look at the Trailer for J. Edgar — Sept. 20, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz — Sept. 14, 2011
- Today in Movie Poster Trends: the Split-Face — Sept. 5, 2011