Scott Ellis 9:40 p.m., Nov. 24
So, What Are You Doing Tonight?
Well, if you haven't ever seen Casablanca, I guess you're going to that. Right? You remember Casablanca, don't you? It's the film that Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan watch on TV while talking to each other on the phone in When Harry Met Sally. It's the film that doesn't actually include the line, "Play it again, Sam." It's one of the only films that features Humphrey Bogart attempting to smile - but don't worry, it's not for long. It's also a film that wears its legendary status and weighty subject matter lightly - no matter how heavily encrusted its reputation, it's still fun to watch.
More like this:
- Free screening of Casablanca at Landmark Hillcrest — Feb. 28, 2014
- Trailer Park: Bullet to the Head — Jan. 30, 2013
- Dept. of supercuts we'd like to see — Jan. 3, 2013
- What happened? Anthony Hopkins — Dec. 3, 2012
- Casablanca Returns to Big Screens for 70th Anniversary — March 16, 2012