Ken Leighton 1:30 p.m., Nov. 26
Sweet, Sweet Blogenfreude
I think it may be fair to say that my esteemed co-blogger Mr. Marks has little taste for the middlebrow, preferring instead the high art of, say, The Three Stooges and the lowbrow joys of, say, Scorsese. Which goes a ways, I think, toward explaining his distaste for Raiders of the Lost Ark, a film that absolutely captivated me in childhood. Which goes a ways, I think, toward his deep lack of sympathy for my sorrow when Indiana Jones and the Oh My Lord Make it Stop, Shia LaBeouf is Swinging Through the Vines and Leading a Monkey Army had its rather malicious way with what was once a beloved franchise.
(Things aren't getting better on that front, what with Spielberg saying that he's proud to have brought the phrase "nuke the fridge" into pop culture. That's a little like saying you're proud of being the kid upon whom Beavis was based, isn't it? I mean, Beavis is hilarious and all, but damn.)
Now it's my turn. First pics are out of the new Farrelly Brothers Three Stooges:
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! Where be your jibes now, Shemp? Oh, that's right - they're stuck in the mouth of a terrifying simulacrum.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Gravity, When Comedy Went to School and more — Oct. 4, 2013
- Origins, Part II: more from James Cameron's Piranha Part 2: The Spawning — Sept. 30, 2013
- This week's new releases — Jan. 25, 2013
- Surfing with Mel: Opening Scene — April 19, 2012
- Peter Paul and uh Mary and Tallsharon! — April 17, 2012