Daniel Powell 7 a.m., July 26
So, What Did You Do Friday Night?
That's the interior of the Ken Cinema just prior to the Friday 9:15 show of The Mill and the Cross. The Wife counted seven souls in the theater besides ourselves. C'mon, people: Elliott four-starred this thing, and with reason. Though I will grant this drawback [SPOILER]: nothing blows up. And I will also grant that the only reason I was there was because Roman Holiday was sold out at Cinema Under the Stars - so it's not like I think I'm better than y'all. Still, when I look at the box office for Courageous (another film that touches on the Christian thing, $16 million in two weeks) and the box office for this ($100,000 in four weeks), I do get a little quizzical. Well, no I don't. But still. It's beautiful. More people showed up for the late showing of Human Centipede 2.
More like this:
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: Our Gang comedies, 1922 - 1938 — Oct. 3, 2013
- Biggest Movie Event of the Weekend Has Nothing to Do With Comic-Con — July 11, 2012
- The Loma Theatre: 1941 in 1979 — Oct. 29, 2011
- The Existential Crisis in Footloose — Sept. 28, 2011
- Screenings: The Seven Year Itch — May 23, 2011